SCCM I AM

Ad you

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

SCCM error - Call to HttpSendRequestSync failed for port 443 with status code 500

During my recent activity at SCCM server, I found below error in the mpcontrol.log :

Call to HttpSendRequestSync failed for port 443 with status code 500, text: Internal Server Error

I'll share you how I solved this issue. Once I got the issue in the mpcontrol.log, I tried to open the default webpage in the IIS installed in the same server. I found below error:


HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Detailed Error Information:

Module
   DynamicCompressionModule
Notification
   SendResponse
Handler
   ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0
Error Code
   0x8007007e

This IIS error means(by checking the module), I understood that the Windows Server Update Services(WSUS) server that installed on the server,enabled 64-bit compression that caused any 32-bit applications running in IIS to fail. 

To fix the issue, I disabled WSUS compression by running below command at command prompt(elevated permission) : 

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

After this, I reset the IIS , rebooted the server and checked the mpcontrol.log. Guess what ?? Error gone and MP functionality came back to normal.

I suggest all administrator to first check the IIS health status and permission before thinking of removing Management Piont(MP) and reinstalling it because simply removing and reinstalling the MP will not always fix the problem unless you understand the meaning of error in the mpcontrol.log and check the IIS health status and permission. 

In case of any reason, if we want to enable the compression, you can run below command to revert the change:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /+[name=’xpress’,doStaticCompression=’false’,dll=’%windir%\system32\inetsrv\suscomp.dll’]

Hope someone may find it useful. 

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post, resolved an issue for our SCCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM IN 2019??????

    P.S. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2020 and this is still a thing... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2021 - yep, still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legend, thank you for helping...Worked for me

    ReplyDelete