SCCM I AM

Ad you

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

I came across below error message during SCCM 2007 R3 client push from server. When I checked the CCMSETUP.log file, I found error message:

"Sending with winhttp failed;8002ee7"






I convert the hexadecimal error code 80072ee7 into decimal and found that decimal error code is 12007(if you properly check the error lines shown in above pic, you can see 'Error at WinHttp SendRequest: 12007') which is "ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED".

ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED means there is problem in DNS name resolution

I checked IP address settings in my client. BOOM !!! I found it...Due to misconfiguration in DNS, primary IP address for DNS server was 127.0.0.1. I changed the primary IP address for DNS with actual one. After that change, client starts download the client package from server and installation completed successfully. 
Thats it!
Suggestion: You may find different answers against this error. Don't just apply anything. Try to decode the error and analyse the issue properly so that you can apply correct setting to solve the issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment